We are Get It, a small software company located in Alexandria, looking for an inspired, open minded and high energy individual who wants something more challenging than the average development position - something that provides the ability to touch everything related to software development - from coding, to architecture, to management, to execution.
What we offer:
Unparalleled creative freedom, an awesome team environment, and overall laid back atmosphere in the heart of Old Town Alexandria – check out our worldwide headquarters here.
Our ideal candidate is creative, very strong software and database designer with strong OOD skills, can work independently, has good communications skills and can brainstorm with the team on new ideas. He/she works well in a fast paced environment and deals professionally with both teammates and clients in order to meet business and technical demands.
This role will involve:
- Provide input on web platform design and configuration to maximize application performance.
- Suggest code and design optimizations to improve the scalability of the applications and maximize performance.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of web application architecture and OO technology as implemented in a LAMP environment.
- Have experience both developing and using API Platforms
To succeed you:
- Must be a strong PHP developer who enjoys developing as fast as possible and releasing code in extremely short cycles
- Must be comfortable making mistakes, and not making the same mistake again :)
- Have 2+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of hands-on PHP with strong web application development experience.
- 1+ years of experience with XML and Linux.
- Experience with ZEND Framework, Apache, Subversion, GIT and CVS is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work very well under pressure and keep abreast of current technology.
- Excellent project management and multitasking capabilities.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills with little supervision.
- Bachelors Degree or more advanced degree in Computer Science.
You should ask yourself:
- Am I comfortable working alone or with small teams?
- Am I comfortable managing my own work and timeline to assure delivery on time and on schedule?
- Am I comfortable with pair programming?
- Must be local, in and around the Washington, metro area
- College Degree
- Bachelors in computer science is preferred
- Be comfortable splitting time and focus, 50/50, between development and management/planning
- Please submit a current resume to careers (at) getitllc.com
- At least 3 references
- Any example of websites or work you have done recently that might apply to this role
- Explain in a few paragraphs why you would be a great fit for this position